We are looking for professional, hard-working, and reliable people.
Full-time Medical Billing Specialist
Please send your resume and any questions to Stefanie Shaver, Office Manager, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Processes billing to patients and third party insurance companies.
• Maintains supporting documentation files and current patient addresses.
• Researches and responds by telephone and/or in writing to patient inquiries regarding billing issues and problems.
• Monitors submitted claims; follows up on unpaid claims, and initiates dialogue with insurance companies.
• Resubmits claims to insurance companies as necessary.
• May receive and receipt cash items and third party reimbursements.
• Posts and reconciles payments to patient ledgers.
• Balances daily batches and reports.
• Maintains patient demographic information and data collection systems.
• Participates in development of organization procedures and update of forms and manuals.
• Performs a variety of general clerical duties, including telephone reception, mail distribution, and other routine functions.
• Answers questions from patients, clerical staff and insurance companies.
• Identifies and resolves patient billing complaints.
• Evaluates patient’s financial status and establishes budget payment plans.
• Follows and reports status of delinquent accounts.
• Reviews accounts for possible assignment to collections and makes recommendations to the Billing Team Leader and also prepares information for the collection agency.
• Performs various collection actions including contacting patients by phone, correcting and resubmitting claims to third party payers.
• Works in conjunction with the reception to ensure clean billing.
• Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
• Participates in educational activities and attends staff meetings.
• Maintains strictest confidentiality; adheres to all HIPAA guidelines/regulations.